Getting started (Windows)
See the detailed documentation on the Oculus Developer website. In particular, follow the instructions for using Unity with Oculus, and see the recommended specs for Oculus development.
Getting started (Gear VR)
You do not need to install anything extra on your machine to deploy to Gear VR. Follow the instructions at the Samsung Developers’ Website.
Make sure that you can deploy a Unity app to your Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge+, S6, or S6 Edge (see Getting Started with Android Development):
- Connect your Android device to your PC/Mac using a micro USB cable.
- Create a new empty project (menu: File > New Project).
- Switch your build platform to Android (menu: File > Build Settings).
- Open the Player Settings (menu: Edit > Project Settings > Player). Select Other Settings and check the Virtual Reality Supported checkbox.
- Add Oculus to the Virtual Reality SDK’s list.
- Create the folder
Plugins/Android/assets under your project’s
Assets folder (note: This folder name is case-sensitive).
- Include an Oculus signature file in your project in the
- Build and run. Insert the device into your headset and see the skybox with head tracking.
Getting started (OpenVR)
Steam is required to run OpenVR applications, so install Steam and SteamVR. Once SteamVR is working properly with your headset, add OpenVR to the list of supported SDKs. If you require additional functionality beyond Unity’s built-in support, see the SteamVR asset store package.
See documentation on Oculus Controllers for input control mapping.
Copyright © 2023 Unity Technologies
"Unity"、Unity 徽标及其他 Unity 商标是 Unity Technologies 或其附属机构在美国及其他地区的商标或注册商标。其他名称或品牌是其各自所有者的商标。