Getting started (Windows)
See the detailed documentation on the Oculus Developer website. In particular, follow the instructions for using Unity with Oculus, and see the recommended specs for OculusA VR platform for making applications for Rift and mobile VR devices. More info
See in Glossary development.
Getting started (Gear VR)
You do not need to install anything extra on your machine to deploy to Gear VR. Follow the instructions at the Samsung Developers Website.
Make sure that you can deploy a Unity app to your Gear VR capable phone (see Getting Started with Android Development):
- Connect your Android device to your PC/Mac using a micro USB cable.
- Create a new empty project (menu: File > New Project).
- Switch your build platform to Android (menu: File > Build Settings).
- Open the Player Settings (menu: Edit > Project Settings, then select the Player category). Select Other Settings and check the Virtual Reality Supported checkbox.
- Add Oculus to the Virtual RealityA system that immerses users in an artificial 3D world of realistic images and sounds, using a headset and motion tracking. More info
See in Glossary SDK’s list.
- Create the folder
Plugins/Android/assets under your project’s
Assets folder (Note: This folder name is case-sensitive).
- Include an Oculus signature file in your project in the
- Build and run. Insert the device into your headset and see the skyboxA special type of Material used to represent skies. Usually six-sided. More info
See in Glossary with head tracking.
Getting started (OpenVR)
Steam is required to run OpenVR applications, so install Steam and SteamVR. Once SteamVR is working properly with your headset, add OpenVR to the list of supported SDKs. If you require additional functionality beyond Unity’s built-in support, see the SteamVR asset store package.
See documentation on Oculus Controllers for input control mapping.
Did you find this page useful? Please give it a rating:
Thanks for rating this page!
What kind of problem would you like to report?
Is something described here not working as you expect it to? It might be a Known Issue. Please check with the Issue Tracker at issuetracker.unity3d.com.
Thanks for letting us know! This page has been marked for review based on your feedback.
If you have time, you can provide more information to help us fix the problem faster.
Provide more information
You've told us this page needs code samples. If you'd like to help us further, you could provide a code sample, or tell us about what kind of code sample you'd like to see:
You've told us there are code samples on this page which don't work. If you know how to fix it, or have something better we could use instead, please let us know:
You've told us there is information missing from this page. Please tell us more about what's missing:
You've told us there is incorrect information on this page. If you know what we should change to make it correct, please tell us:
You've told us this page has unclear or confusing information. Please tell us more about what you found unclear or confusing, or let us know how we could make it clearer:
You've told us there is a spelling or grammar error on this page. Please tell us what's wrong:
You've told us this page has a problem. Please tell us more about what's wrong:
Thanks for helping to make the Unity documentation better!
Copyright © 2020 Unity Technologies
"Unity"、Unity 徽标及其他 Unity 商标是 Unity Technologies 或其附属机构在美国及其他地区的商标或注册商标。其他名称或品牌是其各自所有者的商标。