A skyboxA special type of Material used to represent skies. Usually six-sided. More info
See in Glossary is a cube with a different texture on each face. When you use a skybox to render a sky, Unity essentially places your SceneA Scene contains the environments and menus of your game. Think of each unique Scene file as a unique level. In each Scene, you place your environments, obstacles, and decorations, essentially designing and building your game in pieces. More info
See in Glossary inside the skybox cube. Unity renders the skybox first, so the sky always renders at the back.
Similar to other sky implementations, you can use a skybox to do the following:
- Render a skybox around your Scene.
- Configure your lighting settings to create realistic ambient lighting based on the skybox.
- Override the skybox that an individual CameraA component which creates an image of a particular viewpoint in your scene. The output is either drawn to the screen or captured as a texture. More info
See in Glossary uses, using the skybox component.
Render pipeline compatibility
||Built-in Render Pipeline
||Universal Render Pipeline (URP)
||High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP)
- The Built-in Render Pipeline, and the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) both exclusively use skyboxes to render a sky. These skyboxes are Materials that use a skybox Shader.
- The High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) does not support skybox Materials and instead includes multiple sky generation solutions.
Copyright © 2020 Unity Technologies
"Unity"、Unity 徽标及其他 Unity 商标是 Unity Technologies 或其附属机构在美国及其他地区的商标或注册商标。其他名称或品牌是其各自所有者的商标。